Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Today Fozzie worked a short trail for Lily, the Doberman.  Fozzie seems to be getting the idea.  He sniffed at the scent article and set out on Lily's fresh trail without having to be steered or pulled back from a wrong turn.  He charged along on Lily's scent, often with his nose down.  He came to a T in the trail, and he paused and looked up at me.  I asked him, "Which way?"  He started right and sniffed around for about 30 feet.  He turned and came back, although I don't recall what his negative signal was when he ran out of scent.  He slowly followed the scent to the left.  He seemed hesitant, and I don't think he knew he was standing five feet from Lily, who was being very quiet.  I'm not sure how well he can see through the fur over his eyes.  When he realized Lily was standing beside the trail, he seemed to recognize that she was the target.  I praised him and gave him treats, and he got excited about the find.  He seems to be learning that finding the dog means treats and praise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment